Thursday, February 22, 2007

Why 4 a.m.?

I have to admit, it is better than it was. DD is sleeping all night in her bed, she has even slept right through a couple of times. But most nights she wakes up at least once and needs to be taken back to bed. Sometimes it is random times, but the majority of the nights it is 4 a.m. I remember reading somewhere that if your child had a predictable time they were waking you could try waking them ten minutes earlier for a couple of nights and see if you could reset their sleep rhythms. This is tempting; of course then I would have to intentionally wake up at 3:45 a.m. which doesn't sound fun. I keep telling myself, this is so much better than it was. Eventually she will just stop this last waking and sleep right through. I also think that once the weather warms up and we are able to play outside more she will be more tired and therefore sleep better. Am I dreaming? Possibly.
In other news, not much happening. I think I am feeling the little tyke moving around, but hard to tell what is baby and what is normal stomach/gut happenings. I kept the doppler for another month just because I freak out every once in awhile and it helps to hear that little heartbeat. I am also starting to worry that all my worrying is going to cause harm to the baby. Why can't I stop?
While we are on the topic of concerns, I am also concerned about my weight gain or lack there of. I have a nice little tummy that grows or shrinks depending on the time of day, but I haven't gained any weight in fact I'm down a few pounds. I am trying to work more fruit into my diet, but I am paranoid to go too high sugar because of possible PCOS complications. My hope is that I am not a good judge of weight and in two weeks when I see the dr. again, she will say, yep gaining on target. Not much I can do except try and eat plenty and relax...

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

I feel for you on the sleep issues. Dane is sleeping better than he ever has in his life, but still not what could be considered "good."
Hopefully your weight will be just fine, maybe you're just a slow gainer in the beginning?