Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Please don't jinx it

I haven't said anything because I don't want to jinx it, but the small one is finally sleeping through the night. My parents got her a kids National Geographic and in it there is an article about why we sleep. It says while you sleep your body and brain grow. So now she has decided she needs to stay in her bed and sleep all night so her body and brain can grow. Who would have thought?
Not much other news, I've been trying to get little projects done around the house and yard before it gets too hot and I get too big. On that note, a guy asked my yesterday if "I was trying to walk that baby out?" Does that imply I look nine months pregnant? I have more than three months to go. If I look big now, just think where I am going to end up.
I'll be headed into the 3rd trimester soon, I don't really remember much about this time of pregnancy with my daughter. I know I had a bleeding scare at 28 wks and I went on a trip at 31 wks and was very uncomfortable in the car. I was never able to tolerate long car trips after that due to the feet in the ribs. And I remember it seeming to go on forever. I was working outside the home at that point though and I think that made the weeks go by faster. I signed my 2yo up for four weeks of swimming lessons (the type that we go together) so that will take up much of the end of June/beginning of July. I hope when those finish the rest of the time will go quickly. I am trying for once in my life not to keep looking ahead. I am really enjoying my daughter at this age, she is so genuine about everything, I feel guilty about disrupting her world. I am sure every parent goes through it.

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Yay!

OH, and I think we all feel guilt. I sure do.