I can't get over the fact that we are able to feel secure in a world that is obviously not secure. I have driven over the I-35W bridge hundreds of times in my life and never thought anything of it. When I'm driving I worry about drunk drivers, deer, landslides, but not really major structural defects. I'm still waiting to hear from friends to be sure they and their family members are safe, but isn't this really just a selfish wish for one's life is not directly affected? The fact of the matter is that many people have died tragically as they drove home or to see the ball game under a false sense of security. My heart just bleeds for them. Things like these are always devastating, but this one strikes particularly close to home.
1 comment:
It really is scary Jessica. I'm so glad that you guys are safe.
Post a Comment