Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So in love

I'm so in love with my kids. My son is just the sweetest little guy ever. He never cries, yes he is very adamant about eating, but not in a whiny way. When he is not hungry he just peers around and makes little cute faces. My daughter is very smitten with her brother as well. She wants to touch him and kiss him all the time. Sometimes she doesn't understand that she needs to be careful, but she hasn't shown any resentment towards him. I sometimes forget that she is only 2. She speaks so properly and most of the time is very calm and well behaved. When she starts acting out I have to remind myself she still has the emotional development of a 2 year old. I am feeling better every day. Yesterday I was home alone with the kids the whole day it it went well. I felt like I had time for both of them and to get my housework done. I also accomplished several of the things that have been on my to do list. Today I've already gotten a few more done. My stitches are getting less sore every day. They are starting to really itch so I'm taking that as a good sign of healing. I'm going to attempt to take the kids to the library today (walking about 8 blocks) so that will be a true test to how healed I am. I am very excited about the prospect of not being pregnant anymore. As many of you know, I spent most of 2006 and the first part of 2007 pregnant or in some state of recovery. I can't wait to start exercising and generally feeling more fit. I think this will help my energy level.
In other news, my husband bought his plane ticket so he is officially going to Australia Oct 17th - Nov 9th. Should be interesting. I have to decide what I want to do during that time. I wish I could peer ahead into the future and know whether I will be able to handle the two kids by myself at that point. Better run, 2 year old about to melt down because I said no to Dora...

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

Yay! I'm so glad things are going well!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well with the 2. Enjoy this precious time. Mary Ann