Well at least part of the deck is done. The funky octagonal part is done didn't turn out too badly. Now I just have to design/build the side deck and figure out how the stairs are going to work. My main concern is whether to take up part of the octagonal surface area with the stairs thus decreasing the ultimate octagonalness of it, or inset the stairs into the rectangular side deck which will probably ultimately be more complicated but also require less building supplies. It would however necessitate more railing and subtract usable surface area from the upper side deck... So I spent the morning thinking about sines and cosines and other fun stuff. Actually it was nice to make my brain work again. Anyhow, that project is not going that suckfully except for the sheer amount of time it is taking away from other endeavors. My husband was also much disappointed when he asked about the completion time of this project and I responded that I had just turned in the building permit 1 1/2 weeks ago and have yet to order the door so the chances of this being done in the next three months are oh between 1 and zero. Sorry!
My daughter got her preschool acceptance the other day, I think we are going to go for it. She just needs something else, something more than my pathetic existence. I mean really, how often can one person rearrange the same furniture in the same small house before she drives herself and those around her batty? I bet I've done it that many times...
My son is taking steps (I even managed to get a mpg of it) but still not thinking of walking as a real mode of transportation. He has been sleeping so much better though (hence the major progress on the deck).
I am contemplating different job options, I need to do something so we can continue to do fun things, not just stay at home and bemoan how before the cost of gas and food went through the roof we used to be able to do fun things. I have two options I'm considering at the moment. One is going back to my old job every other weekend. Up side is low stress, it is available and they want me. Downside is that it wipes me out for the whole weekend and I get pretty crabby before during and after. Other option in subbing a couple days a week at the school. I would have to apply for a teaching variance but I think I have a chance since I have finished all the teaching classes and passed the praxis and they always need subs. The downside is that this would require finding daycare. My son is fairly laid back so I think he would like it, my daughter is old enough that she is begging to go ANYWHERE where there are other kids to play with. I could sub on days that my daughter has preschool but then I wouldn't get to bring her there or pick her up and that makes me cry a little inside. On the other hand if I subbed on another day, then I would not get to see her for more of the week. Part of me is excited to do something else out of the house, part of me yearns painfully for all those moments I would miss. I supposed I should apply for a variance first and see if I get it.
Oh and about the title. I wish I could explain why it takes me weeks to sign into blogger (hence be able to leave comments). This takes what 15 seconds? I read a blog and say, huh I should write...but then I would have to take the time to sign in and I really need to be doing... Pathetic, really, right?
Most of a winter
5 months ago
2 comments:
Sounds like the deck is coming along just fine. Maybe wait until dd has been in preschool for a few weeks before beginning to sub? That way you'd at least get to take her the first few weeks. How many days a week is she going? Hard choice to make...but if you're ultimately planning on teaching some day, subbing would probably be a good idea.
BK while not taking any measurable steps like Pierce, is getting there but since she crawls so darn fast she'd just as soon do the easier mode too.;)
Is there any way to get childcare available on an "on call" basis? I use a babysitting service over here sometimes. If they were getting regular business from you, maybe they could cut you a deal? That way you are home with your kids when you are home. Just a thought. GL with the plan.
Post a Comment