Sorry about the label. My daughter seemed to have picked up a bit of a bug Friday/Saturday and managed to vomit on me, twice... She spiked a fairly high temp Friday night and was just rather miserable but seemed to turn the corner in the afternoon. We'll see if she eats or drinks anything today. She got to spend basically the whole day watching cartoons yesterday which she thought was so cool. Chances are she will now want to be sick more often. Now we will see if the little man or I get it. My husband already had it earlier in the week.
Big news is that we have steps (multiple) from the little dude. I was looking at him yesterday and I have to admit that he doesn't look at all like a baby anymore. He is really long and lanky. Still slim though, I doubt if he will break 20 lbs at his 1 year in three weeks.
Natalya and her dad have been going to "Small Stuff Soccer", I though it would be fun but I guess she is really young (one of the youngest) and there are a lot of parents there who take it real serious. They are 3-5 year olds for Pete's sake. Back off and go live your own life you loser parents! Sorry, I get frustrated when parent invest too much of their self worth in their kids sports. If the kid is not doing it because they enjoy it and is not intrinsically motivated I don't think the kid should be doing it (imho). I'm not saying parents shouldn't be interested and involved, just don't push them and yell at them and degrade them, please!
I'm hoping to make some serious progress on the new octagonal deck today, in fact the hardware store is now open so I best be off.
Cheerio!
Most of a winter
6 months ago
2 comments:
yeah, soccer is like that here, too. I avoided it this summer, much to Jenna's dismay, but perhaps we'll brave the fields next year. I am sooo not one of those parents. :)
That's a common occurence here too...the parents pressure their kids from such an early age that by the time they hit middle school years they're burned out.
Post pics of the deck progress!! Are you working from plans or winging it? You are sooo the daughter my dad wishes he had...he started a deck company after retiring from the Navy. www.casadecks.com
Post a Comment