Thursday, September 4, 2008

Random quips

  • Why in this age of instant notification do we still have to wait for a delivery "between 7 & 12". Why did said delivery come at 11:57?
  • How long do molars take to come in anyway? Grow faster!
  • My son is walking, full-time. Why does he suddenly look and act SO MUCH OLDER?
  • My daughter starts preschool today. She was so excited in her bed last night I was sure she wasn't going to sleep a wink (but she did)
  • My old dog keeps hanging on. What gives us the right (or the responsibility) to decide when the time has come?
  • One of my cats has become an outside cat. After eight years he still hissed at me when I walked into a room, EIGHT YEARS! My husband let him outside, then he opened the door to see if he wanted back in and the cat hissed at him. Bye bye Beefcake, see you at the food bowl.
  • I still haven't unpacked the non-perishable groceries from yesterday. If I leave them in the bags and just use them as we need them, I won't ever have to unpack them, right?
  • Did I mention I'm not a fan of teething?
  • I want to take a shower, but short of leaving my son in his bed to scream, there is no way, no way I tell you, I feel gross.
  • How do you lose a shoe? Or more likely, where did they put my shoe? It has disappeared.
  • My daughter started dance class on Tuesday. I was skeptical, fearing a reprise of soccer, but she LOVED IT. Yesterday we went and got her a leotard and she insisted on putting it on when we got in the car and wore it all day. She was not in the least bit nervous and did what the instructor said and had fun.
  • My husband wants a minivan. I would like a minivan, but not to buy, a gift would be preferable.
  • On that note...have a good day

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

I Hope the teething stops and you find your shoe! And get your shower!
I feel the same way about clean dishes in the dishwasher and clean clothes in the laundry basket as you do about groceries. Why can't I just unload them as I need them?

Anonymous said...

Cool update! I can picture your dd in her leotard all day. Cute! Sorry DS is so big now. I hear ya on the shower. The grocery bags on the counter sounds familiar too....

Cindy said...

How did dd's first day of school go?