Friday, March 16, 2007

Not Really Worried

Well the ultrasound did not go as well as I had hoped. We didn't get a real good view of the babies face and the tech had an incredibly hard time getting good pictures of the heart. It was hard to tell from her mannerisms if she was just having a hard time getting good pictures or if she was trying to get better pictures because something was wrong. My bladder was too full and I was unable to empty it sufficiently. Consequently, the baby refused to turn so s/he was facing us. Since there is really nothing I can do about it, I am choosing to believe that lack of room was the main problem. The baby was kicking around otherwise and had all their fingers and toes. At the end when the tech was getting frustrated she had me lay on my side facing away from her and was pushing down hard on my side. I have a sore ligament on that side and was just trying not to cry. My husband could see the screen at that point and said she was able to get much clearer pictures from that angle. If nothing else I hope they will be able to get accurate measurements. All in all, it wasn't the most enjoyable experience. I have been thinking about it and I think that I was expecting an experience like I had with my daughter. I had not felt her move by the time I had the mid-pregnancy u/s with her, so seeing her on the little screen really made things real for my husband and I. We have seen this little one on u/s several times and I have been feeling him/her move for almost a month now so it wasn't the same experience. I know this little one is alive and kicking without seeing them on the TV screen. Anyway, I don't have another appointment until the 4th of April so time to relax and just enjoy this part of pregnancy.
In other news, my daughter is cutting her molars and she is back to not sleeping well again. She wakes up screaming. I know initially it was probably from pain, but now I am starting to think it is behavioral. I get so frustrated because if I give even an inch with the sleeping situation, she runs with it. I don't mind bringing her to our bed when she is having real trouble sleeping or is in pain. But if I give in and let her come to our bed at 5 a.m. one morning, the next morning at 3 a.m. she comes in and wants to sleep in our bed. I don't sleep well when she is in our bed and then I am very crabby and impatient with her the next day. On the other hand, I feel like the biggest ogre having to make threats to keep her in her own bed all night. Please let these teeth come in and let her start sleeping through the night. I am hoping once it warms up and she is able to run around outside she will be more tired at nighttime and thus sleep better. One can always dream.

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Oh man, d is the same way with sleeping. Give him an inch and he takes a mile! It's so very frustrating. Hang in there and hopefully she'll start sleeping better soon. (I have to keep telling myself the same thing...)