Friday, March 28, 2008

Overwhelmed

Does everyone get like this or do I just have less coping skills than the average person? Now to be fair, I have been sick and generally felt not myself for almost a month; possibly the root of the problem, but shouldn't I be able to rise above this and still cope with daily life? It has just felt like too much. Keeping up with the kids (and they are good fairly easy going kids most of the time), meal planning/grocery shopping/food preparation, general daily life has seemed like the biggest struggle and my body has just been craving sleep (a seemingly unattainable goal). I have finally felt a little better the last two days except for the usual side effects from the antibiotics, but now I'm overwhelmed with the recovery effort from my weeks of lethargy. I wonder where is the border between being sick and being depressed? Do they feel a lot the same? Does one preclude the other? Either way, it has been a very hard couple of weeks for many reason, but I do feel like I am coming out of a fog and hope to be back to some semblance of myself soon. In good news, I got my first paycheck in eight months today and our tax refund came back! Unfortunately, my husband is leaving for six days on Monday night and I am feeling nervous about that much time alone with the kids. Onwards and upwards I guess.

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

Sorry you're having a hard time. I can empathize. Hopefully your days without dh will go fast!
And you ARE coping and getting along, even if it doesn't feel like it somedays.

Cindy said...

Take into consideration that you're still weak from being ill and that it's going to take some time to get your energy levels back up. Ease back into things, okay?

Becoming a Family of Four said...

for me, illness and depression feel very much the same. Hopefully your funk is illness-related and will lift with returning health :)