The fishermen returned from Sault Ste Marie finally having timed the Steelhead run perfectly, check out my husbands blog if you really want to know the details :) My mom came down to visit while he was away and helped tremendously with the kiddos. I even got to have a night out with some other ladies. We had dinner, cocktails, and went to the premier of the Sex and the City movie. It was quite enjoyable and a whole lotta estrogen in that room!
In not fun news, our older dog's health continues to decline and he has been having more and more incontinence episodes. Here is the catch 22: he does not eat his dry food so I have been adding canned food to it (which he loves), however, wet food causes the diarrhea. His back legs are getting worse every day and the one thing he gets excited over is food. Do you hold the canned food and have him not get excited and slowly starve to death (is that more humane than getting put down at the vet?), or do you give him the canned food, give him the last few pleasure so he can live long enough that he can no longer get up off the floor and meanwhile your WHOLE HOUSE SMELLS LIKE DOG FECES? Everyone says we "will know" when the time is right, but I want to do it because it is humane not because I'm intolerant. Anyway, rant over.
What I really wanted to post was that I posted a ton of pictures of the kids over at their blog. Sorry, even this many was a whittled down selection.
Most of a winter
5 months ago
2 comments:
It's a hard decision to make. Can you keep him confined to an area of the house with hard floors to at least make clean up easier? I fear that sometime in the next year or so we'll be dealing w/ the same issues w/ Marley. In my mind, when in gets to the point that her bad times outweigh the good and that she's in constant, debillating (sp?) pain is when we'll take her to the vet. Asw you'd said, I wouldn't want to put her down just because she's become an inconvience to me. {{{hugs}}} for the hard decision.
Poor doggie! I would have a very hard time keeping a dog that couldn't make it outside to the bathroom. However, my main thing would be if he's in pain or not. If he's not then perhaps you can hold on a bit longer. ((hugs))
LOVED the pics!
Post a Comment