Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Holy Cow!

You'll know in a moment why the title is appropriate. I woke up this morning with a slightly engorged breast. Now in the past I have tried to get my nearly 3 month old to drink off the discomfort, but what usually happens is either he doesn't do it justice and we end up with oversupply issues all day or he tries to humor me and ends up regurgitating most of the milk. So today I didn't even bother but instead decided to pump some off to see if he would still drink from a bottle. Not all the exciting yet right? Well, I pumped off just over 3 ounces in about five minutes before I even had a letdown. After letdown I just let the milk spray into the pump/bottle for about another 30 seconds until the bottle was completely full (probably five ounces total in a four ounce bottle). Then I let him nurse the rest. Now there is one overachieving boob :) It really makes me wonder how much milk he is getting in a feeding and not wonder why by my estimate he is 14 1/2 pounds and 25 inches at just under 3 months...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You GO girl!