I finally had a company come out and give us an estimate to replace our windows... Holy Crap! I'm sure they would be wonderful but it is over 3x what we are able to pay with the money we have left from our garage loan. Now the dilemma, do we scrap the plan and try to do some sort of punting fixing up the original 1915 windows (eek) or do we try to find a cheaper (read probably also a lot less attractive) alternative? The original woodwork is probably the main selling feature of our house so we don't want to detract from that, but we cannot afford that kind of money AND we would never get it back when we sell. Of course in this market, will we ever be able to sell? Should we even try? We have pretty much decided that we are going to be here at least a couple more years. I think I'm going to contact the builder that did our garage, he seemed fair dinkim and I think he will steer us in the right direction. I'm still reeling in shock from today though, can't you tell?
1 comment:
yikes. Sorry about that.
We just got an estimate for a fence that was twice what we can afford. Bah! Houses are so expensive
Post a Comment