Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday, Monday...

After entering the running for the world's meanest mama award AND a descent back into the realms of frequent night wakings, I decide to feed my son again. He was thrilled! My theory that the solids were doing nothing appeared to be unfounded so for the last three days he has enjoyed the wonders of oatmeal and has slept for seven hour stretches both nights. So after a brief foray into the world of solid food diapers and then a welcome respite from them, we are back (for good this time). In other news, he still has not rolled over either direction and frankly I don't think he has any interest. He sits on his own and can scoot around both on his tummy and back and rolls from side to side. I am not coaching because I see no need to rush his babyhood, which is in all likelihood the last babyhood I get to enjoy of an offspring of mine, any more than need be. He has discovered his voice and can be at times quite loud and shrill. My daughter loves him more than ever although she still will venture into the land of baby talk and other such aggravating habits when she feels vulnerable or lacking attention. I am just amazed at the conclusions she is able to draw from the world around her and continue to be blown away by her memory. We will drive by a place and she will make some sort of a reminiscent comment about something that happened there over a year ago (these are not big thing, just little casual memories), things I do not remember until I purposefully pry into the depths and bring out just a hint of memory. She continues to wake some nights from bad dreams but is easily cuddled and returned to her bed. She has learned that the quickest way to set us on edge is to come into our room and wake the baby, so now she tiptoes in and makes not a sound which has quite frankly scared me to death when I open my eyes and she is standing staring at me! The weather has come up above zero degrees Fahr. so can't complain there, we had some lovely fires in the fireplace and were able to stay all snug this weekend. Now it is back the drudgery that is housework but a short week this week as we leave on Wednesday for a trip up to the North Woods.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the imagery of your dd walking silently into your room. She will make a great outdoors woman.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way w/ B...who cares if she isn't crawling and shows no interest in it, she's my last baby and I'm going to enjoy every last second of it!!
~C

d e v a n said...

Yay for good sleeping!