Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Confession Time

I have to admit. I had invited friends over today and after inviting them had looked around my house and realized I had not really cleaned since before my son was born. Sure I have picked up, done dishes and laundry, wiped off counters, scrubbed the toilet when it disgusted me, but the place was really in a sad state. Anyway, with some help from my husband, I spent much of Sunday and Monday doing some deep cleaning. The whole place looks and feels so much better. So I have to ask, how long do you reckon you spend cleaning a day? I would bet that without doing deep cleaning I probably spend about 2-3 hours just on housework (this does not involve anything childcare related). My kids definitely suffered from the amount of time I put in the last few days, but if I could just find one more hour a day doing deeper cleaning I could pretend to maintain. Of course summer is coming and there is going to be outside projects to add in... Anyone want to share? How do you keep up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's impossible. I have come to that conclusion. I am hiring a new woman to help out over here. With a large house, new baby and a bunch of older kids, I can't keep up and keep my sanity.

d e v a n said...

Cleaning. Blah.
I just do what I can and don't do what ends up at the bottom of the list...

Cindy said...

Gee, I dunno if there's enough space for my confession.lol If you add up what I do all day, it's probably 2-3 hours. Then, on the weekends I usually spend a lot of time trying to get the bigger stuff done. But does my house look clean? NO! You don't want to look at my kitchen floor, it's scary.;) I keep thinking if I could just get more organized about it I could spend less time cleaning w/ better results. Most of the time, I just limp by until someone I don't know very well or my in-laws are coming then I clean like mad. If you find the answer to getting it all done, SHARE!