I don't know what it is, cabin fever has set in big time. This winter has been the worst. Either it is brilliantly sunny and unbearably cold (we are talking -10 - -20F) or it is moderately cold (aka above zero) and absolutely crappy. We aren't even going to engage in the wind chill factor. We have thus far engaged in outdoor activities with the kids (skiing, snowshoeing, even snowball fights), well, never. This winter has SUCKED. We have been going out and doing indoor group stuff and visiting friends but we don't know any kids my daughter's age, so she usually ends up playing with younger kids. This is fine except then I have to deal with all sorts of baby talk and imitation for the next couple of days which frankly annoys the crap out of me. I have a baby I don't need a three year old baby. These are the times when I would love to have family close by, people weren't meant to raise kids without a support system, why else did they form tribes?! It takes a village people! What would it be like to call up a set of grandparents and say, "do you want to spend some time with your grandchildren today so I could, I don't know, stare blankly at the wall"? I usually deal fine, but the last week or so I have repeatedly felt like I am going to crack and crumble into a million little pieces. The only ones that lose out in this situation are the kids. It really is not their fault we live in such a horrible climate. I had better sound off as this post is going nowhere good. I will be okay, really I will. I just would love to hasten the arrival of spring...
2 comments:
Sorry for the cabin fever. That sounds sucky with such cold weather.
I TOTALLY hear you on the village. I want a village really badly.
I can relate! people with relatives close by have no idea how lucky they are....jenna hates the snow. Literally, the girl hates it to even touch her body in any way, shape or form. So - don't feel bad about the no outdoor activities. I'm right there with ya!
Post a Comment