Given my usual tone you would expect me to moan and groan about how awful it has been to be sick (which it has) but instead I want to tell you about how my family has impressed me. This weekend I was just annoyingly sick, but on Monday I woke up and was worse. My husband had already left for work, so I muddled through with the kids as best as possible then laid down on the futon in the playroom while they, well, played. My daughter got our her doctor bag and tried to make me feel better and was the nicest girl ever that whole day. She did all sorts of chores without being asked and if I asked something of her, she said "of course" and helped me out. My husband came home early to help out and we muddled through somehow. Then Monday night I was much worse and had a horrible night leading to Tuesday morning feeling like death warmed over. My husband had to go to work, I told him I would try to get ahold of one of my friends to take my daughter so I could take naps with my son, but when I woke up from a morning nap he had left for work and brought our 3 yo with him. They didn't get home until late afternoon and I was able to take a couple more naps with our 5 month old. Granted he only sleeps for 45 minutes at a time, but that's more than I usually get. I had decided that if I had not turned the corner by this morning I was going to go in and get meds for a sinus infection. I am so cautious of this giving all the probably I have had with yeast overgrowth, the last thing I wanted was an antibiotic, but I need to be able to take care of my children. Anyway, I woke up this morning and I was so much better. I am sure my energy will return as my head slowly drains, but it is good to be back AND it is good to know that my loved ones care enough to step up!
2 comments:
I'm glad you're feeling better! that sounds miserable!
Doesn't it make you feel appreciated and loved when those you usually take care of step up and take care of you? Glad you're back in the land of the living!;)
Post a Comment