Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On the bright side

Yes my post yesterday was desperate and despondent but today is a new day. First of all, my husband finally turned his phone back on and called. Unfortunately he called right when I had my son at the doctor's office (yes he has croup). Anyway, he was not off doing anything irrational, he was actually off seeking help and it took the whole day to get through all the appointments. He could have probably found time to call earlier, but oh well. The short story is that he is back on FMLA and is trying to truly get some better help for his depression and/or figure out if there is more going on. It is so hard to see him like this, he is miserable. He hates how he feels, he hates how it is affecting his life. I hope I didn't imply that he is in danger of harming our kids, he loves them completely and would never hurt them intentionally. I think the danger is more in the possible inability to care for them when he is in the throes of a downswing. Fortunately these do not come on without warning (although that may be worse since he knows it's starting to happen and can't do anything to stop it). Anyway, all I can do is hope that this time someone will be able to help. It is so hard to watch someone suffer so profoundly, he really is the most heartfelt person you will ever meet.

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

It sounds like he's on the right track. ((hug))

Cindy said...

Whew! I was thinking of you guys all day yesterday and hoping that nothing scary/bad had happened.