I know this is strange considering everything that has been going on here, but I am actually feeling like I'm in a happy place right now. I feel much more patient and relaxed around the kids, I have had energy for housework and other neglected projects, and my husband is doing really well. He is really stepping up and actually participating more in parenting. I feel like things all around are much more healthy. Of course this always seems to happen when he is off work, away from that toxic environment for awhile. He is supposed to start back at least a few hours a day tomorrow so we will see how things go. I think he has made some real progress this time in identifying some of his triggers and working on coping mechanisms. Funny that although he is the one who is virtually dealing with hell, I am the one that ends up looking like the saint. I get all sorts of "you are such a strong person", "I don't know how you do it", etc., etc. I do it because I love my family, I love my husband, the sun is going to always come up tomorrow, and I know that things could always be worse. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all the support and depend on it, I just know that I too have sizable flaws and feel unworthy of some of these comments. It all evens out in the end, I guess.
The kids are giving me lots of goodness these days too. They are just so cute and happy and always smiling. We have had some tough times with my daughter lately, but she really seems to have turned the corner the last week or so. She will be four soon and it is really starting to shine in her. She is curious about everything and asking really in depth questions. My son is fourteen months and he just walks around with a big grin on his face all the time. Don't get me wrong, he has his challenges too, but if he can make people laugh he is on cloud nine. I am choosing to enjoy this happy respite because I know undoubtedly there are more rough patches up ahead. But for now I will sit back and watch the kids dance around to a Baby Einstein video and enjoy the moment.
Most of a winter
5 months ago
2 comments:
Enjoy. :)
There is nothing wrong with accentuating the positive. Enjoy your little family. Glad to hear things are going better for you.
Post a Comment