As many of you know it hasn't been an easy nine months. Things have been a virtual rollercoaster around these parts. Well, my husband informed me yesterday that he no longer works for his boss. Now given the last few years of tumultuousness I was unsure if this meant he had quit or he was just needing to blow off steam. Given the volume of raging emails he has sent out since returning home, basically burning all bridges back to this job with the NICE comfortable income, I'm guessing this is the real thing. I am in no way saying this is not ultimately a good thing, but I panic about things like health insurance, all the expenses we have accumulated based on that salary, and the huge question, what happens next? My first thought is that I look for a full time job, probably two since I wouldn't even make half of what he makes. My husband has enabled me to largely stay home with my kids for going on four years so maybe it's my turn. The only problem is that I don't think my husband really wants to be home with the kids full time or understands the mundane struggle that is involved with this wonderful job. Heck, he doesn't even acknowledge that it is a job. Unfortunately, very little of it involves playing with the children. The other possibility is that he can get another job with the same employer, but that is much more likely if he doesn't actually quit his current position until he has found something new. I just don't know and we can't speak about it in a rational manner yet. I want him to be happy, stable, and able to participate in our family again, but I am scared of not being able to pay our bills (we have never yet paid a bill late in our life) and not being able to bring my kids to the doctor if they need to go. I'll keep you posted...
5 comments:
Oh dear, this is a worry. I'm sorry. This must be very frustrating and a helpless feeling.
(((hugs))) I know it's scary.
I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Big hugs!
((HUGS)) thinking of you. I'm so sorry...hang in there!!
Thinking of you Jessica (((hugs)))
Post a Comment