Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Whingefest

I am just so done with the yeast. I am starting to get scared. TMI, but I still have the vaginal yeast infection. I am on my third round of OTC treatment. I chose a treatment with a different active ingredient in case the problem is that the yeast are resistant to the Monistat. But now I am beginning to really wonder why these treatments aren't clearing it. I am taking the strongest probiotics available, I am not eating any refined sugar or carbs, I bleached all my (cotton) underwear, I am wearing loose pants, I am at my wits end. I was on diflucan for two weeks as well as three rounds of suppository medication. It it tolerable while I'm on the medicine but as soon as I stop it gets bad, quickly. So now I'm worried about diabetes, auto-immune diseases, ack! I'm only 30, please let this be a freak thing related to fluctuating post-partum hormones. My son's still has the oral thrush too. He takes his last dose of oral medication tomorrow. It is not any better. I talked to a Pediatrician last Friday and she said unless it is causing him discomfort or has spread to his cheeks or the roof of his mouth, they wouldn't even usually treat it. Well I stopped my medication on Sunday and I am already starting to get sore again. I just want to curl into a ball and cry! To top it all off my dr is not in the office again until next week. I leave on Saturday morning and will not really be back in town until the 9th (the day I have to pick my husband from the airport). I will be home briefly on Halloween but leaving again the next morning. If things flare up badly I will have to cancel my trip but then I am going to be at home alone with my two kids which is also really hard. I haven't heard anything from my husband since shortly after he arrived in Australia so I assume he is off in the boondocks fishing. I really miss him and wish he was here to help me deal with all of this. Maybe it is stress related... Anyway, I had better get moving, just had to get it out :(

ETA: My daughter who had decided to be potty trained again has again started having many accidents and the new ringer: bed wetting. She has never peed during the night, that is why she was able to potty train (I guess not) so early. Three of the last four mornings she has woken up soaked at 5:20 a.m. Last night she was even wearing a pull-up and she soaked it and her bed! We are going to be traveling, what are we going to do? Is it because my husband is gone, is it for attention? I just don't know anymore. I feel like we have really screwed things up with regards to the toilet. I can't put here back in diapers because she just refuses. I'm lost.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hugs, Hugs, Hugs. I am so sorry that you're still dealing with the yeast. I don't have any other ideas on dealing with it... As for the pting, try limiting her fluids a few hours before bedtime? MG is still in a diaper at night as most mornings she wakes up wet.

I sympathize with you and hope that you'll be able to go out of town and have some help with the kiddos.

d e v a n said...

gosh Jessica. YOu have a lot on your plate right now. BIG hugs to you.