I feel like I've said this already, again, and again, and again. My children appear to be on two different bio-rhythmic schedules. My daughter would be quite happy to stay up late, I force her to be in bed usually by 9:3 p.m. and she then sleeps for a good 11-13 hours. My son is almost always up by 7:20 a.m. often earlier. For awhile I was stretching his bedtime out until 8ish, but no matter when he goes to bed he is still up early. Recently I've been trying to have him in bed by 7 or 7:30 and just to tease me, he has slept through a couple of times. Then other nights he is up 4 times. This morning he was up for the day at 5:45 a.m. Almost without fail, when he gets up early, he fills his diaper a little while later (if not already), but no going back to sleep. Also the couple of times my son has slept through my daughter has woke up (which she rarely does). I've gotten to the point where the child alarm goes off and I turn to my husband and say "it's nothing personal, they just hate me". Now you may say, just get your daughter up earlier and I would say YOU get my daughter up earlier. Really, I have tried everything and this is what works for her and believe you me, it is not in anyone's best interest to fiddle with her sleep schedule. So what am I looking for? Well misery loves company I guess, I just want to whinge (again) about the amount of sleep I'm not getting and remind myself that I could not handle more children. There is no way I could handle three different body clocks.
On a totally different note, guess who is standing and starting to take some steps? :)
Most of a winter
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment