Towards the beginning of the summer my husband and I sat down with the calendar and tried to puzzle together all the events of the season. We knew even then that these last couple of weeks were going to be packed and crazy busy, but I feel like I've been swept up in a tornado. What was I doing? Well...I guess it started back in June around Thursday the 19th we scurried around like crazy in order to make the 6 hour drive to my sister's house. We didn't get there until almost midnight and the baby who had appeared to be coming down with something was by this time definitely sick. Fevery, whining, and miserable. Nevertheless with the help of children's ibuprofen we had a great time at my sister's on Friday (I'm sure my husband wrote about it ;). Next we headed to my old hometown (3 1/2 hours away) to celebrate the baptism of my dear friend's son. We had a great weekend but again didn't arrive home until early Monday morning. On Tuesday my father and grandfather arrived from different directions and spent that day and the next visiting. My husband left on his trip to Montana on Wednesday and my grandfather continued up north on Thursday. The kids, my father and I hung out all weekend and completed three separate wiring jobs that might have succeeded in bringing my kitchen up to code and facilitated the imminent hottub moving/deck extension project (if I ever find the time to build the new deck...). My husband and grandfather both got back on Monday, the same day my daughter started swimming lessons. Grandpa & great-grandpa left on Tuesday and we did swimming lessons for the rest of that week, leaving after lessons on Thursday to make the nine hour drive to Illinois. Also during this time I started the couch to 5 program with my dear virtual friend Amanda (do you use the term virtual friend? I do. It is strange that there is a whole group of women that I feel close to but have never laid eyes on? To me they are my "virtual friends"). Anyway, I completed the first week of work-outs and my knees started to hurt. By the first day of week 2 I was in a lot of pain so I took 10 days off, ran last Thursday and am finally feeling up to running tonight or tomorrow. I STRONGLY DISLIKE having an injury holding me back because the actual work-out felt so good. But, I think I will be back on track in a couple of days. Anyway, were was I? Illinois. We had a great visit with relatives there for the 4th of July weekend and got back in the wee hours of Monday morning. Swimming lessons started again Monday and my sister arrived Monday evening. It was wonderful having my sister here (and no this is not just because she reads my blog; it was just so nice to have someone around who is so low maintenance and the kids absolutely adore, who will just step in and help me out without any drama, and who listens to me whine). Anyway, she was here for the week and just left this evening. SO, that's where I have been. We have nothing on the agenda for next week (except I'm going to the dentist at 9 a.m. Tuesday morning, but I figure two years is long enough). The kids actually did really well through the whole crazy time. I finally brought my son in after a week and he had a double ear infection that cleared up immediate with some medication. He was so miserable and I feel horrible for making the poor boy suffer so long, but what can you do? He just never got any better on his own.
There are projects that I need to get started including getting a building permit filed and some supplies ordered. It is just hard to focus on ordering materials with two squirmy kids in tow. But enough excuses I need to get those projects underway so I can quit worrying about them. I just cannot figure out yet what I'm going to do with the kids when I'm building. One step at a time I guess.
My daughter is really overcoming her shyness recently. She is starting to answer people in public and is starting to act so grown up. My son is cruising everywhere and is maybe a few weeks away from walking. What happened to my babies?
Most of a winter
6 months ago
1 comment:
Sorry you hurt yourself! I'm impressed that you can build. I expect pics when you're done!!!
Post a Comment