Friday, July 18, 2008

Running Commentary

Did I mention I am doing the couch to 5 program? Probably when I whinged about my knees. I have been finding it really hard to find time to get away by myself to run so today after not being able to find time yesterday I decided to try it with the kids in the stroller. It is not a jogging stroller so I was worried about whether it would be sturdy enough, but it seemed to do okay. The stroller is a sit & stand stroller and for safety purposes I had my daughter sitting down in the back with the safety belt on. She was sitting facing me, do you get where I'm going with this? It started when we first left the house and she wanted me to run, I said I had to walk for a few minutes first. She looked like she didn't quite buy it, but we went on. Then during the first 3 minute run (I'm still on week 3) she said "wow, mom, you are running fast!". I said, "thanks, but I'm running downhill". Then during the next run she said, "mom, you are doing a good job pushing the stroller". Thanks! Finally during the final run she said, "mom, you aren't running very fast, you should really be running faster!". This time I was running uphill, but she wasn't impressed with my excuses. All in all it was an interesting experience. It was kind of nice to have someone to talk to even if they were also acting as a critic/coach. Unfortunately my son fell asleep in the stroller but was not successfully transfered to the crib so the stroller monster stole my naptime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL about the critic/cheerleader. And I totally understand about losing naptime. I DIE when my 3-y-o falls asleep in his carseat 4 blocks from home.

Cindy said...

Way to go starting the program and sticking with it!!*applause*